Freedom of Information and GovernanceFeedback
Freedom of Information
Documents relating to the Freedom of Information Act can be found in the Document Library.
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives you the right to request information from Leicester College or any other public sector organisation. The Freedom of Information Act Publication Scheme sets out the manner in which information is available. Most of this can be found on the College website or a hard copy can be provided on request. The College will endeavour to provide hard copy information within 20 working days for which a charge for photocopying will normally be made. Any such charge will be notified in advance to the person making the request to check that they wish to proceed.
Some information held by the College is confidential in compliance with the Data Protection Act and the exemptions allowed in the Freedom of Information Publication Scheme. The main classes of information under the Publication Scheme are as follows:
- what we are and what we do
- what we spend and how we spend it
- what our priorities are and how we are doing
- how we make decisions.
- our policies and procedures
- lists and registers
- the services we offer
Requests for information not on the website can be made to the Freedom of Information Office, Leicester College, Freemen’s Park Campus, Aylestone Road, Leicester LE2 7LW using the General Queries Form.
Leicester College is led on a day-to-day basis by the Principal, , and a senior leadership team that comprises of:
- Graydon Thwaite, College Secretary and Clerk to the Corporation
- Don Brooks, Deputy Principal, Quality, Planning and Corporate Services
- Keith Whittaker, Deputy Principal, Curriculum and Programmes
- Tracy Kinsley, Assistant Principal, Employer Engagement
- Kully Sandhu, Assistant Principal, Skills for Life and Functional Skills
- Kathryn Johnson, Assistant Principal for 14 to 19 and Higher Education
- Rod Wood, Director of Human Resources.
In addition to this the College is directed and governed by its Board of Governors and the Chair of Governors Martin Ward. The College Governors are volunteers drawn from the communities that Leicester College serves. The Board of Governors is responsible for setting strategic direction, ensuring accountability and monitoring college performance. To be able to do this the Board of Governors is supported by a number of committees as listed below:
- Curriculum Strategy and Quality Improvement
- Finance and General Purposes
- Search and Governance
- Student Liaison.
These committees are responsible for considering matters that fall within the committee area of responsibility, and then feed back any matters or issues to the governing body. All documents relating to the governance of Leicester College are available under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.