LiveZilla Live Chat Software

Accessibility | Font Size:

My Prospectus

Opening a Bank AccountFeedback

It is recommended that you open a bank account in your own country before travelling to the UK. Some major UK banks such as Barclays or HSBC have branches worldwide and if you have already opened an account with them in your country it will be easier for you to access their services here with an introduction letter from your home branch.

You should speak to your bank in your own country to find out if they have any partnerships with any UK banks which allow you to use their banking services as soon as you arrive in the UK.

If this is not possible, you can open an account with any major bank here, but they do not provide the same accounting facilities to International students as they do for home students.

Also, you may have to pay monthly fees to the bank to open an account. If you are planning to open an account it is necessary to provide your passport for identification, a letter from the College to confirm your status, and evidence of your home address in your home country.

Sometimes it takes a few days to get a bank account so please make sure that you have sufficient funds to pay for food, travel or temporary accommodation etc. We strongly advise that you do not carry large amounts of cash. Instead we advise you to buy travellers cheques from your home country that can be cashed in the UK as and when required.

To find out more visit:

Print this page